Monday, January 05, 2009

My Guilty Pleasure


I have belonged to the Good Cook Cookbook club for about 23 years. It used to be Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook club, but they combined into one several years ago. That is why I have hundreds of cookbooks. I get catalogs and have a website, and then I collect points and get really good deals. It really is an obsession, I have a hard time NOT buying them. Here are a few of my new books that just came. "The Spice Merchant's Daughter" was a gift from friends. As you can see I am into Artisan bread baking right now. Let me know if you want to join the club too....I get free cookbooks for every friend who signs up......(gulp:)

6 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I just won RR's Big Orange Cookbook. We should both make a recipe from there and coordinate our posts. (If you would care to of course?) Also about the Bloggeraid cookbook you will find everything you need to know in a few days here:http://bloggeraid.ning.com/forum

The Blonde Duck said...

I got a ton of cookbooks for Christmas. I lvoe them!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

If you want to coordinate a day/week to post a recipe from the Big Orange Book email me at valleygurl43@hotmail.com . I think it would be fun!!!

Laura said...

I also got the Big Orange Cookbook for Christmas! I have the Bread in 5 Minutes a Day also...I love it.

McKenzie said...

I've thought about the Good Cook thing, but I'm scared to get into something I can't get out of. I'm a cookbook addict, too . . . I get a lot as gifts and have also purchased lots (for only a few $) at half.com.
Any advice?

Emily said...

I've heard about these cook books! :) (From your husband) Today I was looking in a new cook book, and saw a recipe for gingerbread. Not gingerbread, but ginger bread really. Hmmmm... recipes have a tantalizing way of bringing you in sometimes!!

ShareThis