I proceed to listen to the message and about fell off my stool.
Several months ago, back when I began the plans for our spring vacation to NYC I vaguely remember applying for Letterman tickets. There were several hoops to jump through, so I thought little of my chances, see for yourself: http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/tickets/form/
Well, I hadn't heard back from them so I assumed I didn't apply with enough time. I had heard it could take months to get tickets.
Back to today:
So I listen to the message and it is Keith from the David Letterman Show telling me to call him right back if we still want tickets for Monday the 14th. I didn't quite listen correctly to the messege and forgot to write down the phone number he gave me thinking that I could just call the number that showed up on my phone. I started to panic, because I kept getting an obscure message about voice mail and passwords. I didn't realize I was calling my own voice-mail box. My brain in is a fog because of a pain killer I had taken earlier in the day and I am terrified I have lost out on my chance to go to the show! Jordan had me calm down and I re-listened to the voice-mail. I called the number and
Keith answered right away, "David Letterman, this is Keith".
I said, "This is Cynthia, I want the tickets!!" how stupid must I have sounded? I didn't give my last name or anything. He was so friendly, he got my last name, and he asked me several questions about the likeliness of not being able to attend. But here is the gist:
- I have to be at the Ed Sullivan Theater at 1697 Broadway with my Dad, Nathan, with our picture ID's (you must be 18.) Poor Tiny will have to wait at the Residence Inn for us. He was very specific about the ticket holders names, address' and even our cellphones. The tickets are not transferable.
- I have to take a jacket cause Letterman keeps the theater at 55 degrees.
- We need to be in line between 4:30 and 5:30 (guaranteed tickets!)
- And I have to give a 'password'. I will give you the password after I see the show.
- The show is taping on the 14th. It will air on Friday the 18th, and the guests are not confirmed yet. Keith told me to keep checking the web site. (Please let it be Dennis Quaid!!) but he was just on not too long ago so... grrr!
- Bring tons of ENERGY.
So now I have to pray that Delta doesn't cancel our flight. Think happy thoughts and check back, I will try to blog a few times next week.