Saturday, April 26, 2008

Where oh Where Can the Ipod Be?

Has this ever happened to you? You spend a lot of money on a toy for your child; such as a Gameboy or an Ipod. You are happy to do this for them because they swear they will take care of it. They do their chores, they get good grades, they are deserving of your trust. Then a few weeks or days passes, and you start to see the expensive toy laying on the living room floor, for a day or two at a time. Does this behavior irk you the way it does me?

Well my natural inclination is to pick up the toy, in this case an Ipod, and put it in a safe place until the child begins to miss it. They are supposed to panic a little because they know if they mention they have misplaced it to you, you will get mad at their carelessness and abuse of the Ipod. Then they are supposed to learn their lesson by having to look and worry about it for a few days in silence, on their own. Then finally, they will take the risk of earning your wrath by saying they have misplaced the Ipod and come to you as a supplicant hoping you can help them find it, or better yet, whip it out of your purse and say "See, I told you so", and get the Ipod back.

Moms and Dads, this has happened to all of us right? I hope I am not the only sadistic parent out there who has secretly stashed a toy! But, am I the only parent out there who has forgotten where they put the Ipod? FORGOTTEN if they even took the Ipod? Vaguely remember that it could have been you who lost the Ipod? (because this is a ploy I have used to great success in the past, it certainly seems like something I would do) We cannot find the Ipod. I have NO IDEA where to look or even if I took it. Now who is playing mind games with who? I am the worried person who is fretting about the Ipod. Well I have confessed to my child that it is probably me who lost the Ipod, and I took my medicine like an adult. I am now writing this blog whilst on a break from tearing the house apart looking for the Ipod.

I will keep you posted, I know you are on the edge of your seats.

1 comment:

Cari said...

Max saved and saved till he had enough money for an Ipod Shuffle. (I wasn't going to buy him one because he's a little young in my book and VERY irresponsible, but he earned the money and that's what he wanted.) Well, you'd think that actually earning it would make him be more inclined to take care of it. Oh no. I've washed and dried it. (Still works.) I've found it on the ground 100's of times. He's left it on the stairs. And yes, I've taken it away making him worry. I can't say that I've lost it though. That is too funny. (But not really.) I'm sorry. I hope it turns up soon.

ShareThis