Saturday, March 21, 2009

Springtime and the Movies

Spring has finally officially arrived! I feel like I should dance naked around a fire or something to welcome her arrival.
The first thing I want to do is finally get my peas in the ground. But I can't do that until I till the soil, get the compost and replant the perennials I have been wintering in my garden patch.

I have really been kind of lazy this winter. I am like a bear coming out of hibernation. I eat everything in sight and am really grumpy. Especially if a certain coach is mean to my cub.

Since I last posted about the death of Natasha Richardson and the fact that she was in one of my favorite movies, I decided to post every now and again about some more of my favorite movies and why. Let me just start by saying that I was raised in a very active Movie going family. My earliest memories are at the movies, or Drive In. I learned early on that I hated any type of animal movie and that my mother loved musicals and my dad hated them. We all have favorite genre's and in no particular order here are some of my all time favorites. More will follow in future posts.
  • Legally Blonde --Elle Wood's; Gemini-vegetarian, sorority president and law school graduate, who wouldn't root, for this gem of gal?!

  • Matrix- one word---Keanu



  • Austin Powers (all three)--Potty humor at its all time finest!


  • Notting Hill--Sigh, Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant at their all time finest! A delightful romance of famous girl falling for nerdy book worm guy.


  • Jaws- I was in 7th grade and this movie was insanely popular. It still is a major classic with brilliant music and acting.


  • Aliens-This movie is probably in my top ten. I think Sigourney Weaver had the female power role of all time. Wow! No matter how many times I have seen it, it never fails to thrill!

  • Hunt for Red October-- The casting of this movie is brilliant, While I don't read Tom Clancy any more, this was an excellent movie after the book.


  • Last of the Mohican's--My favorite movie about this lesser known time in American History. Picture romance, cut throat Red Coats, and frontier justice! (and looking at the insanely handsome Daniel Day Lewis does not hurt!)

  • Auntie Mame--this is the Rosalind Russell version based on a true story about a rich woman who raises her nephew to be anything but a snob. It is so funny and a joy to watch .

  • Elizabeth--I simply love the Elizabethan time period. And when a movie is done well like this one, I can watch it over and over.


2 comments:

Hey Jude! said...

I love Last of the Mohicans. I owe that to the Glad family. Same with Amelie.

Malaina said...

I say we all dance naked around a fire...

ShareThis