Friday, June 20, 2008

Gaddis Signature Cookies

First CookieFYI, the Provo City Sunbirds had a nail biter at the tournament last night. They came back in the bottom of the last inning 6 runs behind to win the game. Tad and Dave were all over that umpire for calling the end of the game 5 minutes early. The ump said, "There's so way you can win anyway!" Yes! We won anyway!

Second Cookie

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't know if these are the best cookies in the world. In fact, I know they aren't as I have had better. But, these are the ones that my family wants regularly. They are Dave's favorite. I must have made these at least one hundred times.

  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin ( just use one whole 15 oz. can)
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons each, baking soda and baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon each, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon each, ginger and allspice
  • 1 12 oz. bag chocolate chips or to taste (I prefer less, family wants more)
No creaming, no eggs, just mix and drop by tablespoons-ful on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 375 for 15-16 minutes.

Like any cake type baked good they taste better the next day. Hide them.


Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies are my all time favorite. I will never say no to one! :-)

Jo

ShareThis