Sunday, May 10, 2009

Scarpetta Comes to the Big Screen


Angelina Jolie is going to put on her medical scrubs and play Patricia Cornwell's, fictional medical examiner Kay Scarpetta in a series of movies. There are sixteen books in Cornwell's Scarpetta series. So no one movie will be based on any book, but the movies will be kind of like the Bourne movies based on the Robert Ludlum, Bourne series of books.



I like the early Kay Scarpetta books, and I just finished the last one which I enjoyed, so I am looking forward to the movies. However I do question the choice of Angelina Jolie as the lead. I always pictured Kay Scarpetta to be more of a blonde, and one who looks like...well the author, Patricia Cornwell. You can link to her website for a full listing of her books. And like any series they are best to be be read in order.

If you like mystery, thriller, and some medical gore, you will like Kay Scarpetta, I like her 'cause the girl knows how to eat too. I get hungry reading a Scarpetta book. All the talk about pancetta, and olive oil makes me want to feed.



Start with Post~Mortem .






And end with Scarpetta

1 comment:

My Bound Emotions said...

You're right. In the books, Scarpetta is blonde, petite, "handsome" but not necessarily pretty, usually has short hair.

ShareThis