Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fab-Friday Night Concert


I spent another wonderful evening with one of my daughters. We went to the King's Singers concert at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City. I had seen them a few years ago with Malaina. They are probably the best harmonic men's vocal group I have EVER seen or heard. They recently won a Grammy for their album Simple Gifts.

We started off by eating an Elk Burger at Fudruckers at Southtown Mall. I figure, my figure could use the low fat meat, and since my husband is an outdoor's man, and he put in for an elk tag, I would give it a try. OMHEAVENS, it was really good; it was much less gamier than I thought it would be! I have to figure (get the pun?) out a way to mimic the salt they put on their fries, and the recipe for the baked beans. I also need to make the toffee recipe from Rocky Mountain Chocolates. Umm good.
We hopped on TraxI just love the way Trax let's you off at the front door of Abravanel Hall
If there is a prettier Symphony Hall, I ain't' seen it yet.
Tomorrow I blog about the Valentine's Day Gift I bought for myself at the Gateway.

It truly was a spectacular evening; Thanks for inviting me Jordan! Oh, and I bought another cookbook at Barnes and Noble. I went to Sur la Table, but was sort of disappointed, I could not find one single item that I had to buy. I have everything! I left empty handed!!!

3 comments:

Cari said...

How fun! I love all the pictures!

The Blonde Duck said...

Elk burger...interesting!

Dharm said...

Simply gorgeous picture - and your daughters not bad too!! LOL!! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Always extra special when a fellow Malaysian (am assuming you are since you lived in Penang) drops by!

ShareThis