Thursday, August 13, 2009

Who Poked the Cheese?

Jordan came home with beautiful raspberries from a farewell party thrown for her, as she is preparing to quit her job at the Bureau of Reclamations. She has been offered a great position at a law firm as an assistant to two of the partners. Anyway, she brings home these lovely raspberries and says.."Mom, can you turn these into something wonderful?"

My instant reaction is the Raspberry Cheesecake from the Barefoot Contessa. I go to Sam's Club and get 3 pounds of cream cheese in the block. I remove it from the packaging, gather the remainder of my ingredients "Mis en place". ( Top Chef Michael Chiarello is a Facebook friend, ).
And then I turn my block of cheese over and what do I see?

A dent in the cheese.

There is only one culprit to this mystery. And she is 21 and should know better.
Do you see the guilt behind those brown doe eyes? She confessed to her crime readily, and admitted that she cannot let an opportunity like this one to pass. Anyone who knows Malaina, knows she has extremely powerful fingers and likes to poke surfaces of things.

I will blog about the cheesecake later.

I counted 7 hummingbirds at my feeder tonight, but could only manage to capture 4 in my shot. They are darling.

2 comments:

Malaina said...

I knew I should have deleted that photo. I look like the hunchback of Notredame. I can't wait to eat the cheesecake though.

Laura said...

hahaha I love it!~

ShareThis