Thursday, July 30, 2009

Love the One You're With

There are so many amazing songs of the 1970's. "Mandy" by Barry Manilow is a favorite, "Shining Star" by Earth Wind and Fire is probably my all time favortie one, but I couldn't get a really good version of it on U Tube. Then Stevie Wonder with his "You are the Sunshine of My Life" and his entire album "Songs in the Key of Life", What about Van Halen and Journey? Queen, Black Sabbath? It is too hard to narrow down a favorite song of the 70's, but I choose to put this one on the blog because it is a coming of age song. America was still involved in the Vietnam war, the bra was being burned, hippies were free lovin' it all over the country, and this song has a really feel good, happy sound to it.

When I am station surfing and a song stops me and I sing along and dance in my seat, then you know it is a favorite song. This is one of those songs. My brother used to play this on his 8 track in his Corvair. Good times.

Stephen Stills released 1970.

No comments:

ShareThis