Friday, July 11, 2008

Chocolate-Banana Muffins

Here is one of my favorite recipes. Tried and true for 2 decades . Ain't no complaints yet.
For the prettiest muffins fill the cups at least 3/4 full.


My darling 8-9 year old church girls are getting these for their treats today.

2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 4)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cocoa
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup water
Mix oil and cocoa, add mashed bananas and then the remaining ingredients. Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes. DO Not Over-mix the Batter.
I have a giant muffin tin that makes those huge muffins, and this is spectacular in large size.

1 comment:

Jordanian Princess said...

My mouth is watering!!! I just called my mom three times as soon as I saw this post...asking her to save me some!!! boo..hiss...she didn't answer. I am going to be worrying about getting one all day now!

--Jordan
Oldest Daughter of Glad Wife

ShareThis