Thursday, October 16, 2008

Herbes de Provence

I thinned out my herb garden today and used my handy dandy dehydrator setting on my "rockin' oven. I created this mixture of
"Herbes de Provo", Utah.
This mixture gave me plenty of yield for the next few months, and it is much cheaper than those fancy herbs at gourmet stores.




2 Tablespoons dried fennel seeds (I LOVE anise-that's what I used)
2 Tablespoons dried lavender leaves
1/4 cup dried marjoram
1/4 cup dried oregano
1/2 cup dried rosemary
1/4 cup dried savory (I used dried tarragon, because that is what I grew)
1/2 cup dried thyme
1 Tablespoon of sage (because I have bushels)

Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container in a cool , dark place.
This will stay fresh for 2 months. Mine will go in the freezer.



How to use this spice mixture?
Soups, Stews, Roasted Bird of any Kind, Sprinkled on Scones or Biscuits, Foccacia Bread, Potato Salad, Pasta Alfredo, or Spaghetti sauce, Bruschetta. Garlic Bread. Any Giada de Laurtentis recipe.

You can basically use your own good instincts and just be creative. I can't wait to see what this is like in my own creations.

2 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

That is so cute! It looks great.

Can I have a cutie bow?

Prudy said...

I love the title-herbs de provo. Hey, as a BYU grad, I love all things Provo. I wish I had such great herbs to dry!

ShareThis