Thursday, September 11, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers-Grown Up Mac and Cheese

Grown Up Mac and Cheese by Ina Garten, was this weeks Barefoot Blogger Challenge. I was really excited to give this one a try. For once, a recipe of the Contessa's that doesn't call for a cube of butter!
This recipe is "grown-up" because of the mature tastes of the cheeses included. I found them delicious here in this recipe.
Bacon makes anything taste better, n'est pas?
I used large macaroni, it was really a good choice. I cooked a bit undercooked.

I wish it had been gooier.
I doubled the recipe and made a smaller dish for my vegetarian daughter.
A nice change side dish, was this crispy salad.
We all have sophisticated palates at the Glad home and, everyone even my baby daughter who is 16 thought it was nice. If I make this again, I will make more sauce, so it won't be so dry.

NOTE"I had this as leftovers several days later, it was better as a leftover"!


6 comments:

Cari said...

I love Ina Garten! Lee cracks up that everything is made with butter and she always has wine too. This looks like a great recipe. Thanks.

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh.. I have been trying to lose weight but when I saw that -- I just want to drive down and you make it.. I LOVE mac and cheese.. that looks divine!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Bacon in Mac and cheese? How could it not be perfect! I love mac and cheese! I love it so much I think I should scurry over to my father in law's restaurant and eat some!

Prudy said...

Good to know it was yummy as leftovers. Ours didn't last that long. Yours looks yummmy!

Heather said...

COMFORT FOOD! Reminds me of my mission in the south. Every potluck had baked mac-n-cheese that was divine.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the group! I keep reading about everyone wishing this was more creamy. I think when it bakes for so long, the sauce looses its creamyness. Maybe next time, not bake it so long?
~Cat

ShareThis