Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cindy's Posh Lavash


I got on the Internet at about 2:00 and noticed everyone was blogging about the Daring Baker's challenge today! I thought WTH??? It isn't the end of the month yet. These bakers shouldn't be blogging until the 30'th!!!!. We'll the joke's on me. I fiber optically ran over to the website and notice the date was today.

I have been so stinking busy today. I had the Activity Day Girls from my church over at 9:00. Then I had to run to the Provo Art's Council, because I am entering some art in an art contest. Yes, I am an arteest. I have been out of the game for a year and and craving some new challenges, so I ran over to the art store today to get supplies for my next project. And then I had to run home to take some art over to the church for an art exhibit. Then that is when I took a breather and looked on line and saw all the drama!!! I got my fanny into the kitchen post haste!

So yes, I have been thinking about the challenge. I have been wanting to make the:

Avocado and Green Pea Hummus from Nigella Express
to put atop my lavash

Nothing but good in this book. Especially page 201

I did make one change to the recipe though.
I used Edemame peas in place of processed canned peas.
So here are the seasonings I chose for my lavash.
This is from McCormick's steak house seasonings
bold and spicy. It is an item I use almost daily. Look at all the goodies in this spice.

Then I used kosher salt and black sesame. This was my least favorite.
I used too much salt. I didn't press the seeds in enough and lots of them fell off. But the toasty sesame flavor was really nice.
Thank you so much to Shellyfish for choosing such an easy yet different recipe for our challenge. Look at the delightful color of this cracker!
I cut my crackers into concentric circles. I thought they would look really interesting as a Canape'.

You can see I had some fun in the presentation of this fun challenge.

They turned out nice and crispy!

The Avocado and Green Pea Hummus recipe is as follows:
1 ripe avocado
2 T. lime juice
1/2 clove garlic, minced
10 ounces edemame peas, un-thawed or lightly steamed if fresh.
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Mix in a food processor. How easy!!!


It was really fun to knead this recipe. 10 minutes knead time in total. My posh oven has a bread proof setting so this cut the rise time down by one third. From start to finish including blog time and photography time 4 hours. I will make this again and take it to a holiday buffet if anyone ever asks me to their home. You can link to the recipe here at Shellyfish and there are some cute ideas for you to see too!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum... that's a whole treat, dip and cheese too. delish!

Anonymous said...

Your circular crackers look great! I like the idea of using these for canapes.

talida said...

I was in the same predicament - I was convinced I didn't have to post until Tuesday, and when I went to merely read the recipe at 8PM, time was a ticking! I managed to pull it all together in just over 2 hours :)

Your avocado and green pea hummus looks and sounds lovely! Great job.

Meryl said...

Yum--your hummus looks abosolutely lovely!

Hope your kiddo is doing OK today.

Cate said...

That's a BEAUTIFUL looking appetizer. I love Nigella Lawson too.

jenniferhoiyin said...

I love the coloring of the dip! So clever, edamame. :)

Susan @ SGCC said...

Great job on the lavash! They look wonderful paired with that delicious (and pretty) dip! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Avocado and wasabi - that's genius! Yum.

Anonymous said...

Oops - mistyped wasabi. Perhaps the green made me think of that. But edamame - that's still a great idea. Sounds very tasty! :)

Lauren said...

Ooo, your lavash looks wonderful! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the challenge! That hummous looks delicious - I can't wait to try it. I'm so glad your daughter wasn't too badly hurt (I read the other post) how awful!

ShareThis